Friday, December 7, 2007

ConocoPhillips

God has been so amazing this semester! After interviews, numerous job offers, flights, etc. Charlie and I decided he would sign on with the ConocoPhillips team. We are so excited to see where the next few years take us and truly feel that our cup is running over with blessings...
It is awesome to marvel at God's faithfulnees. Before Charlie's job offers started rolling in, I was distracted by the "waves" of the world crashing around us and all the daunting questions of the future. I was feeling pretty convicted about my lack of trust.
It is hard to trust God.
I’d been thinking about this for the past week—and then I read about a sermon by Robin Boisvert where he made this point: “Trusting God actually takes effort. Trusting God actually takes work. It takes reading the Bible. It takes meditating on Scripture. It takes praying about things. It takes taking our own souls to task and stopping one kind of thinking and turning to another kind of thinking. It takes work. It takes effort.”
I am grateful for this reminder. I don’t naturally trust God. I need the power of the Holy Spirit. I need to choose to trust God in all circumstances. Trusting God is hard, but in another sense it is also easy. Afterall, when I choose to “consider him faithful who promised” I am putting my faith in one for whom nothing is hard: "Ah, Lord God! It is you who has made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you." Jeremiah 32:17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home