Monday, August 2, 2010

Silence Dogood

Here are some beautiful ladies who inspire me everyday.
We all met to celebrate a new marriage and a new baby!
They are all so precious to me and amazing friends.
Their faith, hope and wisdom are something I can look forward to every week.
This quote reminds me of them:
“When love is lost, do not bow your head in sadness; instead, keep your head up high and gaze at the stars because that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal, and remember, we gather strength from sadness and from pain. Each time we die, we learn to live again.”
-unknown.
My lovely retreat weekend at the Cenacle pretty much looked like this...
I was either in this hammock, eating on the porch with the peacocks or dozing in my little room.
Almost a year ago I came to the Cenacle for a retreat and read
The Shack and Interior Castle by St. Teresa of Avila.
Eat, Pray, Love and The Shack are perfect examples of where I was in my life
at the time of each retreat.
You can imagine how FLOORED I was when Elizabeth Gordon from Eat, Pray, Love referenced the
amazing Interior Castle by St. Teresa of Avila.
God is so good!
The Cenacle is one of the most peaceful places I have ever been.
I stayed in the St. Therese dorm.
I thought it was funny how the garden near my hammock
is called "Charlie's Garden"
This sweet mama and her baby strolled through the grounds.
When she would run her baby would run with her...
When she would peck at the ground her baby would mimic her...
It was so sweet to see them walk together every day.
During the morning when I would eat my breakfast they
would come over and say hello to start my day.
This little guy was very curious...I started calling him whiskers...
Cause he was curious, like a cat!
(A nod to Harry Caray from SNL for all yawl who think I'm bonkers right aboot now)
Actually he probably just wanted my Cherrios.
I wonder if anyone else reverts back to SNL skits on their silent retreats...
I loved this flower and it seemed like nearly every morning
there were new blossoms
It's a Lonestar Texas Hibiscus.
This silent retreat weekend was the perfect mini-sabbatical.
Spending time in silence is completely counter to my nature
and that is probably the reason why I need
to be intentional about setting aside that time.
It's easy for me to get burnt out and dependent on
all the distractions around me.
I am so thankful for the quiet time and a sacred place to recenter.
Another new quote I'm diggin' for its great significance to this weekend is:
"I believe in sleeping in.
I believe in giving 100% when you only have 80.
I believe in kisses on the forehead.
I believe in long kisses, smiling till your cheeks hurt, and laughing until you have tears in your eyes.
I believe in having someone tell you that you’re beautiful.
I believe in having someone play with your hair.
I believe in sitting on swings and running in the rain.
I believe in miracles and random acts of kindness.
I believe in saying hello to anyone and everyone.
I believe in second chances.
And most of all, I believe in love."
{via}

2 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Where is this place?! Sounds awesome!

August 2, 2010 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger marylyn4mere said...

Our Jesus blessed you with the beauty of His wonders...is that Tyrone's song?

August 2, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home