Friday, July 4, 2008

Vous et Nul Autre


So after nearly a year of being married Instead of "What I've Found Out"
about our marriage here's...
"What Our Marriage Is"

It's playing cards in bed.
It's laughing hysterically at parts of a movie no one else thinks are funny.
me looking up from my book to see Charlie waving at me from the kitchen.
Its dragging him to one more store looking for the perfect gift.
It's burnt dinner (which he would never complain about), clean laundry (which most likely, he did), and staying up until 3 a.m. watching The Office.
It's telling the truth, even when it hurts.
It's spending your nights in a hospital room holding his hand.
It's ordering take out and singing along to terrible Kansas music.
It's believing what God does with what we give Him is far greater than what we could have done with it ourselves...
Looking at my wedding ring as I type, I remembering the night Charlie proposed to me. I stood in front of him while he opened a ring box and I knew that I loved him more than I ever thought I would love somebody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home