Monday, June 14, 2010

I look like Davy Crockett

I love spending time with my nephews.
They always say things that surprise me and make me smile.
Trip (8) and Nate (4) came with me to cheer Charlie on during his softball game on Saturday.
(they won 18 to 0!)
We were listening to KSBJ, the Christian radio station, and Nate said,
"this sounds like Uncle Charlie singing".
The song was Matt Redman, You Never Let Go.
One of my favorite songs and I have certainly never made the comparison Nate just realized.
So we were talking about God and how He never lets go of his children
and out of no where Nate pipes up with,
"Aunt Kristin, you look like Davey Crockett."
I peaked at him in my rear view mirror and asked what he meant.
"You wear your ponytail over your shoulder like Davey wears his coonskin cap"
A smile spread across my face as I confirmed his sweet reference.
They are the funniest kids in the world and I am so jazzed to be able to spend time with them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katilyn W. Woodley said...

Kristin, I have always thought you resembled good ol Davy and I am so glad someone else noticed too. :)

June 16, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home