Saturday, June 12, 2010

Lob vs. Crab

Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd came in town for a quick Houston visit and took Charlie and I out to dinner.
They took us to Trulucks and it is probably one of my favorite places to eat in h-town.

During dinner we looked over at the tank where all the lobster and crabs
hang out waiting to become someones dinner
...sad...
and a lobster and crab were duking it out!
The crab was on it's back holding the lobster with its legs.
A manager came over and pried them apart with this long stick thing and said the crabs are really mean to the lobsters which broke my heart because they have to live together all of the time.
He said the crabs will actually kill the lobsters because the lobsters do not have a way to defend themselves.
Why not give them separate tanks?
It made me think of how people treat each other just in general.
As a society we have so much pent up anger and hostility that it comes out in crazy ways
i.e. road rage, yelling at a grocery clerk, etc.
the facts are we aren't crabs and lobsters
and we can't just live in separately.
What I try and remember  when someone gets-my-goat is
 "I never know what battle that person is fighting"
...and if they don't cool it they're gonna battle with me...
(i kidd...errr kind of)
but I do try to give them the benefit of the doubt.
There's far too little mercy and grace in our world and I want to do my part to change that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home