Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pucker you your lips like diz...

I can't think of anything more fabulous than being a mermaid
If I could be anything else, I would want to be a mer-lady. Hands down.
{via}
They are graceful AND get to live underwater...
Which taps into my childhood dream of being a marine biologist
***sigh***
in my best Ariel impersonation.
I wish I could still wear my Ariel suit Uncle Linda made for me...
I told Uncle Linda that I only had one issue with my wonderful new fin suit
"It doesn't have purple breasts holder-uppers!"
I mean, I couldn't be a proper Ariel doppelganger without "purple breast holder-uppers!
But I quickly "got over myself" as she is famous for saying
I wore the elastic outta that thing out.
If I could have walked in it I would have worn it on the weekends and after school.
When I couldn't wear it in the pool...I would wear it in the tub.
Even more evidence of my mom's ubber coolness
for putting up with this at bath time...I'm sure most of my bath water
ended up on the bathroom floor.
But anything to get the job done, right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Katilyn W. Woodley said...

Oh my mer-friend, how I miss you! Your little suit is so cute! I totally forgot about this picture of you! It's one of my favorites... and I have a very similar one of me... hmm... we are peas in a pod, yes? talk to you soon!

August 4, 2010 at 5:22 PM  
Blogger marylyn4mere said...

Maggie and Milly and Molly and May

maggie and millie and molly and may
went down to the beach
(to play one day)

and maggie discovered a shell that sang so sweetly she couldn't remember her troubles,

and milly discovered a stranded star whose rays five languid fingers were;

and molly was chased by a horrible thing which raced sideways while blowing bubbles;

and may came home with a smooth round stone as small as a world and as large as alone.

For whatever we lose
(like a you or a me)
it's always ourselves we find at the sea
--e.e. cummings

August 4, 2010 at 10:08 PM  
Blogger *Charlie & Kristin* said...

I love that poem mama!

August 5, 2010 at 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home