Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Tale of Two Sisters

"As Jesus and His disciples were on their way, He came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to Him. She had a sister called Mary who sat at the Lord's feed listening to what He said." ~ Luke 10:38-39

...This will be the second time for me to read this book, "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World". I identify with the write because she too claims to be a "Martha" which I definitly am. I admire Martha in many ways. She wanted her home to be a warm and welcoming place for our Lord but that's not what He wanted. He wanted her heart to be a warm and welcoming place for him to come into. Part of last week's bible study reading was about Paul's prayer requests in Ephesians 3:17. He asks Christ to dwell in his heart. I learned that dwell literally means "to settle down and feel at home"...something I need to practice more. I want my heart to be a welcoming place for my Lord to enter, I want to feel at peace when I sit at His feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home