Monday, August 9, 2010

Fun Blue Bird and Goodwill Finds

I had such a blast with my family and friends
at Blue Bird Circle and Goodwill last weekend!
Just disclaimer if you are ever in Houston on a Saturday morning
and you don't to be haul you off to a thrift store
come and see me after 3 (they are usually closed by then).
Check out my fun treasures...
Aaawwww, yeah for a vintage yeller purse
and I have been on the hunt for a smallish white leather purse too!
Score!
And I am saving the very best for last.
You may notice the flippin' Anthropology price tag
is still on the grey and white skirt.

I got this baby for just 30 bones (down from $148.00) and have already
worn it 5 times since it became mine.
Charlie pointed out how different our philosophies are
on wearing our favorite ensembles.
Charlie takes the "save it for the perfect moment" approach
as opposed to my
"wear that sucker out" or "wear it until people think it's your self proclaimed uniform".
The only time I have ever applied Charlie's motto to my life was on our wedding day for my dress.
And even then I would wear my wedding gown around our duplex in college
when my roommates were out of town...I'm a little wacko I know.

3 Comments:

Blogger marylyn4mere said...

Yep! That's my girl who always adores beautifully crafted and unusual clothes, new and old. She's especially intrigued by vintage clothing, and for years she has haunted thrift shops in search of one-of-a-kind treasures to mix with her own wardrobe basics. What she enjoys most about her serendipity vintage pieces is how they make an outfit totally personal — especially when she combines them with something classic or relatively new. For sure, my Fuzzy Girl is her own fashion editor and “style expert”; she has a win-win relationship with fashion — or, should I simply say, "She sets her own smashing fashion trends!...that make her feel young, cool, and attractive ~:)"

August 9, 2010 at 9:32 PM  
Blogger Katilyn W. Woodley said...

umm.... and you wore it when we were there!

August 11, 2010 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger *Charlie & Kristin* said...

noppers, i just got it the other weekend...was it when ya'll came down for your certificaton test? If so, I have a smiliar dress with black/red/blue/cream stripes that I think I wore. But stripes are stripes are stripes and I do wear that dress ALOT too :-) miss you sweetness!

August 11, 2010 at 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home