Thursday, August 27, 2009

Summa Time Part II: He Lacks Discipline!

Another fun summer activity was taking Toby to obedience classes at PetSmart. Toby is such a sweetheart and makes me smile every day so it's hard for me to imagine him pestering anyone. But it became obvious he was in need of some serious "dog whispering"... While I'd like to think he is getting the hang of things, we're still working on not jumping and/or gnawing.
Part of me feels like because he's a puppy, it's stuff he'll grow out of. Let's just say I do not have a snowball's chance in hell of being the alpha dog in this relationship...Jenny has told me in Germany if you see a dog acting up it's usually an American dog. Go figure!
Here'a class picture of Toby and his new friends, Milky and Boomer. They all got along very well and we all had a great time in class together. Thanks to David, our trainer, I learned the power of the spray bottle. Toby likes to voice his opinion (a.k.a barking) about strangers walking in front of our house or even his reflection in a mirror (I have to admit he is pretty cute) but come on...barking at 2 a.m. just isn't going to work.

Here's Toby playing with our good friends Kati and Adam's dog, Diesel. He is getting much better and basically every day is a training opportunity, positive reinforcement helps too. Specifically Pupperoni treats are a favorite in our house. Toby will do just about anything for a taste of Pupperoni.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home