Friday, May 28, 2010

Portrail of a (long) Weekend

Charlie and I headed out to San Antonio yesterday on our way to San Angelo, Texas for his cousin Kadie's high school graduation.

On our way Charlie read from Texas Monthly about a "Bucket List" of things to do in our great state.
One item we couldn't pass up on their list was to eat at a bar-b-q joint in Luling.


I got a kick out of the "roughneck cook off" in April....too bad we missed!
Roughnecks are some of the best people in the world.

The bar-b-q was indeed finger lickin' good!
And the cooks even let me come behind their work station for a photo opt.

We even saw a fun double "K" horseshoe hair salon!
 

All Hail Buc-ee's

We met up with Josh and Sarah Stagg  for the Five for Fighting concert.
It was so fun!



   This is not a great picture of us but I wanted to show case the venue.
The concert was at a small historic theater in downtown San Antone and we had great seats!
I have listened to John Ondrasik's music since I was in high school so needless to say some of his songs really took me back.  John shared the background story for almost all of his songs he played.
I absolutely loved it.
...what a fantastic day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home