Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Feelin' Thrifty

All the blogging about good deals
made me think about my other household
treasures I have found/bough/bartered for along the way.
These two beautes were found on Antelope Lane
when I lived in good 'ol C.Stat.
The 5 drawer tower was a pretty exciting "street find".
The bamboo covers over the drawers
match our laundry basket from the Bamboo Company
from Charlie's mom.
Charlie helped me haul Goldie
in from off the street curb
one night.
This funky girl is a little worn on the arm rests
but I love her punchy color and surprising comfort.
This is my favorite spot in our tiny closet kitchen.
I bought the painting above the stove in Jefferson, Texas
with one of my best friends Kati...she's good luck you know!
I fell in love with the bold frame and the whimsical brush strokes
Then the little marble butter/cheese cover on the stove
was another Blue Bird find.
And finally the sunny daisy tray behind our yellow Fiesta Ware canisters
is from the Charity Guild. 
The date on the back of the tray says 1969...bonafide vintage!
Now, the Flying Dali wasn't exactly a steal but we were meant for each other.
On a Charity Guild run I saw her and immediately thought
of one of my favorite movies Up Town Girls
with Brittany Murphy and Dakota Fanning.
Brittany's character has a little Dali in her beautiful New York Apartment.
They are suppose to keep your home safe and ward off demons.
But since I do not believe in 'luck charms" etc. she's just a funny little reminder
of a favorite movie and a wonderful actress.
We inherited this silver tray with our townhouse.
Actually it was just left in the attic and I dusted it off.
Charlie and I like to write sweet sayings to each other :-D
Finally, the $10 stain glass lamp was a super exciting find.
 I just love filling my home with meaningful and unique items. 
They may not all be functional but they sure make me smile.
And who doesn't love a good rummage through other people's street trash...
Our guest bedroom is almost ready for it's big reveal!
I am so happy that I no longer dread going into our second bedroom.

1 Comments:

Blogger marylyn4mere said...

ROOMS OF BEAUTY
In Fuzzy's/Charlie's they have rooms that are their favorite. Maybe it’s just a corner of a room. It’s where they enjoy sitting and spending time. When they’re there, the world seems wonder-r-r-rful. They experience peace, joy, comfort and encouragement. Maybe it’s the decor, the lighting, the furniture or the music which makes their place special. It is a place of inspiration and motivation for them. There’s comfort in knowing their special retreats are there when they want or need them.

August 13, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home