Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What do you believe?

"I believe life is more than survival.
I believe the heart is more than a muscle.
I believe we can know right from wrong.
I believe in hope and freedom.
I believe my life can make a difference.
I believe the message of the cross.
What do you believe?"

This past weekend I got to share a very special experience with my dad...an Aggie Football Game. We drove up Saturday afternoon watched A&M BTHO New Mexico, 41 to 6. I have been so blessed to be able to spend so much time with my parents this summer...Big Bend with Daddy, D.C. with Mama ...While the circumstances aren't the best in the world I have treasured our time together. Through a messy situation God is giving me gifts of beautiful memories I will cherish for the rest of my life. While I should be thankful for the good times my flesh still wishes for more. And I wish for so many things:

I wish I didn't have to drive 30 minutes each way to work
I wish I would have nurtured my faith walk sooner.
I wish I wouldn't have tried to pick up the pieces by myself.
I wish things were different...

But as the saying goes, "your back bone has to be stronger than your wish bone." And God specializes in messes. Even the ones we walk directly into and I want to be part of God's clean up process. I could choose to thrown myself on the floor and cry, “It’s not fair,” and I may gain some sympathy but it certainly won't change the fact there's a mess to deal with. I believe God is leading me to something higher and where that leads I do not go alone. God promises in Joshua 1:5 “I will never leave you or forsake you.” I am thankful I'm not designed to work alone; Christ is always there holding me up, showing me the sneaky messes that like to hide and giving me to courage to confront them. Working with the Lord is not easy; He is so thorough and I am always pushed to grow but I'd rather work with Him because alone I'll only make a bigger mess. Through Christ I can move from just wishing to belief that no matter how stinky or deep my mess may be I never have to work alone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wise words Kristin. God has great purposes for messes even though they are hard. Love you girl!

September 9, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home