Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Never see another one like it...

This morning started unusually early for Charlie and I as it was our first day back at the gym in quite a while. Since I'll be running the half marathon in a little less than 2 weeks I thought I might should put in a little bit of track time.
I love our gym because Charlie can play basketball while I go to an early class or run laps upstairs on the track. This morning as I was winding down very slow run, I happen to glance outside the east side window and was almost stopped in my tracks by the b-e-a-utiful sky. God really put on a show for us this morning! I only wish I had my camera. I have never seen anything more beautiful; I'm talking deep purple hues with bright stripes of orange. My heart filled up just looking at it!
When I was done running I was visiting with my friend Nancy about how gorgeous the sunrise was. She agreed and said she had just been reading Psalm 19. I let her know I had no idea what that Psalm said and she read it to me:
Psalm 19 (New International Version)
1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
3 There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
4 Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,
5 which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
6 It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat.
7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
8 The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
9 The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever.
The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous.
10 They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.
11 By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.
It was a beautiful way to start my day and as Carol Lewis always tells me..."Kristin, get your big rocks in for the day. Once you've had a great quite time with the Lord and then a good workout; you've already had a great day!" I am so blessed to be surrounded with wise women.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home